Navigation

38 weeks bump, 38 weeks baby!

Thursday, 4 July 2013

This week Ollie will officially have been living on the outside for longer than I carried him inside me. It's a crazy concept and one that occurred to me when I read Dear Beautiful's lovely post, 9 months. As Ollie was a little early, we have already reached this mini milestone.


I find it quite incredible to think that he has been out with us in the world for so long. I felt like I was pregnant for such a long time, so it just makes him seem so grown up now. It is also really wonderful to think that he was first created a year and a half ago! A year and a half spent completely absorbed, fascinated and besotted with our little miracle. It feels like forever, and when people talk about having always loved their babies, long before they were even conceived, I can completely relate to that.  After all, we are born with all our eggs ready and waiting! I was born with my little Ollie ready and waiting inside me, and in a year and a half he has gone from that tiny egg to this beautiful, busy bustling baby who is pulling himself up, crawling, saying "mama", eating big boy food and is completely fascinated by the world around him.

I do often think about the little life that was lost just before Ollie. It makes me sad to think of that baby. But then it makes me so much more sad to think that had that pregnancy progressed  it wouldn't have been Ollie. We would never have known him. Have kissed his beautiful face, have held him and heard him laugh. I was so terribly sad when I lost that tiny baby but am so hugely grateful that fate, or God, or whoever it is, decided that, actually, Ollie was the one we were waiting for. 

38 weeks of waiting. 38 more of complete joy. And now we're on the other side, a lifetime ahead of us, and I can't wait!

x


P.S. Apologies for the iphone photo quality / massively chipped nail polish. Utterly glamorous as per.

*** Please consider following me on Bloglovin. 
You can follow me by clicking here
I am also no. 29 on Bloglovin's list of Top Blogs under the category 'Family'.***

16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! I'm so anxious for my due date to finally get here, but at the same time know that I should be enjoying every moment as it all goes by so quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was anxious for my due date too, and he was 10 days early and took me completely by surprise! It really does go by quickly. Just enjoy every minute... I have reminded myself to and its made the last nine months utterly amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. I find it such an amazing milestone when they've been longer out than in. Like you say, pregnancy feels like it lasts an age, but those first nine months on the outside just fly by. I find it incredible when you think that we were born with the beginnings of our babies already there waiting. It's amazing really. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love that thought. It just feels like he's always been with me, and he sort of has :) x

      Delete
  3. Aw what a lovely post <3 Also, this is hard to word because I know how sad it must be for you but I agree with what you're saying about fate and Ollie -hugs-

    Also, what nail polish is that? I know it's chipped lol, but I love the colour!

    Alex ♡
    Bump to Baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. Yes I'm so glad fate chose Ollie! The nail polish is Model's Own Hedonist, which is in my June favourites. Its a fab colour! x

      Delete
  4. aaww, gorgeous baby, gorgeous family post which one can relate too!

    Cherish him, cherish the memories forever:-)

    Oliver is one blessed baby dude for sure:-) Love the name too!!!!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He is so so cherished :) Every day xxx

      Delete
  5. Aww this is a really lovely post. Somebody in my family recently had a terrible time after losing a baby quite far into a pregnancy, and is now expecting again - as absolutely as it is, it is a nice way to think of things with regard to fate bringing you the baby that you have and him being the one you were waiting for.

    Hayley
    Sparkles &

    Stretchmarks

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so sorry to hear that. The one consolence for me was that my miscarriage was very early and I fell pregnant with Olie immediately. I think it really helps to think that fate brings you the right baby in the end :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. aaaw he is adorable!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. he is very adorable :) lovely post...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post & little Ollie is such a handsome little guy! x

    ReplyDelete

I would so love to hear back from you!
Feel free to leave your links so I can come and read your blog too :)
xxx

Newer posts Older posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...